Family Medicine Residency at MCCG
Welcome to the Family Medicine Residency Training Program web site.
We are located in Macon, Georgia, home of Mercer University School of Medicine. This site is designed for those interested in residency training in Family Medicine and fellowship training in Geriatrics. Browse the site to learn about our programs, and feel free to contact us if you have questions or comments.
The Family Health Center is our medical home, and was built in 1990 for us by our sponsoring hospital, the Medical Center of Central Georgia. The Family Health Center features:
- 40 exam rooms
- Individual resident and faculty offices
- On-site lab and x-ray facilities
- Minor surgical procedures
- Exercise treadmill testing
Residents also see patients at the Medical Center of Central Georgia. On our Family Medicine Inpatient Service, residents care for Family Medicine patients from across Middle Georgia in a state of the art setting.
The Medical Center facilities include:
- Level Three Intensive Care Nursery
- Level One Trauma Center
- Intensive Care Units for Pediatric, Surgical, Cardiothoracic, and Neurosurgical patients
- Newly built call room facilities with lounge area, refreshments, as well as Internet and library access